Baltic Sea West by Thorsten Ott is an absolutely fantastic scenery with a level of detail that surpasses anything that has ever been released for this simulator. It stretches from Kiel in the south-west to Gothenburg in the north-east with a lot of focus on the Öresund straight with many great docks for both small and larger vessels. Some great landmarks are also modeled such as the Turning Torso skyscraper in Malmö, Öresund Bridge, Great Belt Bridge, Laboe Naval Memorial, Älvsborg Bridge and much more.
Ports that are included in the scenery: Kiel, Gothenburg, Korsør, Gedser, Trelleborg, Falsterbo Canal, Malmö, Landskrona, Helsingör, Helsingborg and Höganäs. Have a look at the map down below to get an overview.
Video of the scenery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr_c8iQjI6s
– Pay using PayPal
– Download available directly after purchase as a .zip
– For use in Virtual Sailor NG
– Free lifetime updates
– Modeled by Thorsten
– Please do not redistribute or use outside of Virtual Sailor
– For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Update 1 – 2022-12-28
Update 2 – 2023-01-14
1. Download both parts of scenery, Baltic_SeaWest_part1 and Baltic_SeaWest_part2.
2. Create a folder inside your scenery folder, name it Baltic_SeaWest
3. Move both .zip files into the folder you just created.
4. Extract both .zip files into that folder. (Right click, “Extract Here”)
5. Launch VS-NG and enjoy the scenery!
Note: It is recommended to also install “South West Europe” scenery, since some objects from it are used in this environment. These will be replaced in the future. Can be found here.